I can agree all politicians lie but Biden has told some whoppers!

 



https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/25/bidens-ridiculous-claim-he-was-arrested-trying-see-mandela/

I can agree all politicians lie but Biden has told some whoppers! Maybe he suffers heavily from the Mandela Effect. Maybe Biden crossed over from some alternate dimension where he did get arrested trying to visit Mandela? It would also explain why he and Jill have two totally different years of when they got engaged.

Maybe Hillary suffers from a similar effect? I’ll argue till the day I die it was Looney Toons, not Looney Tunes. Maybe in Hillary’s alternate reality there were guns and not flowers in Bosnia.

I’ve started to notice when Biden’s say “I’m not kidding” it’s a big lie.

Direct Quotes:

“This day, 30 years ago, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison and entered into discussions about apartheid. I had the great honor of meeting him. I had the great honor of being arrested with our U.N. ambassador on the streets of Soweto trying to get to see him on Robbens Island.”

“After he [Mandela] got free and became president, he came to Washington and came to my office. He threw his arms around me and said, ‘I want to say thank you.’ I said, ‘What are you thanking me for, Mr. President?’ He said: ‘You tried to see me. You got arrested trying to see me.’”

In 2008, Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign was rocked for days after The Fact Checker exposed the fact that her story of arriving “under sniper fire” in Bosnia was simply not true. Instead of running toward an armed vehicle with her head down, video footage showed she was greeted by children bearing flowers.

We were reminded of that episode when we saw that former vice president Joe Biden has told voters at least three times that he was arrested in South Africa while trying to visit Nelson Mandela.

As the Times noted, Biden’s memoir makes no mention of any such arrest. As far as we can tell, Biden never mentioned this arrest before

He appears to be referring to a trip in 1977, but the U.N. ambassador from 1977 to 1979, Andrew Young, told The Fact Checker that he was never arrested in South Africa.

Biden’s second statement — that Mandela thanked him for being arrested — also is not credible. In 2013, Biden merely said that Mandela thanked him for his efforts to end apartheid.

At one Feb. 18 campaign stop in Nevada, Biden associated the supposed arrest with waiting to hear back from his then- girlfriend, Jill, in 1977 about whether she would finally agree to marry him.

Update, Feb. 28: Biden himself was finally asked about this alleged incident, during an interview with CNN, and acknowledged he was not arrested: “I wasn’t arrested, I was stopped. I was not able to move where I wanted to go."

Jill Biden also references a 1977 Biden trip to Africa in her own memoir, but both appear to have gotten the year wrong.

After Biden’s remarks to CNN, The Fact Checker reached a white member of the mostly-black congressional delegation - - then Rep. Don Bonker (D-Wash.). Bonker, who said he strongly supports Biden for president, said he had “no recollection at all" of such an incident at the airport.

We will note that Clinton admitted she made a mistake after her Bosnia snafu.

Biden earns Four Pinocchios.

#USA #TheChubbyCaucasianChristianClosetedConservative #Biden #NelsonMandela #MandelaEffect

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hope none of it has ever leaked in her bag.